Sweet and Sour Spareribs, just as the name reveals, is sweet from sugar and sour from rice vinegar with the unique aroma from the sesame oil and other ingredients, making the fried spare ribs taste very good
The Sweet and Sour taste (糖醋味) is one of many taste styles in Sichuan Cuisine. Although it is less famous than the Spicy and Numbing style (麻辣味), the Sweet and Sour taste has been widely used in many dishes of Sichuan Cuisine, such as sweet and sour fish, sweet and sour pork, sweet and sour ribs and etc.
There are 4 major food preparation methods in Sichuan Cuisine before cooking:
1. Marinating 码味 - the purpose of marinating is to improve the flavor/taste and/or to improve the texture of food materials and/or to add color to the food materials. In Sichuan cuisine, many ingredients could be used in marinating food materials, including but not limited to salt, sugar, honey, rice vinegar, rice wine, Sichuan pepper, chili pepper powder, ginger grains and etc. The time of marinating varies in a wide range from a couple of minutes to a couple of days depending on the dishes.
2. Starch or...
This book was written by Fuchisa Dunlop, an unique perspective from a westerner on Sichuan Cuisine. Some of her views are very revealing to locals grown up with Sichuan Cuisine.
Here is the Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Land-Plenty-Treasury-Authentic-Sichuan/dp/0393051773/ref=la_B001IGLRVG_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1465230885&sr=1-2
The price is little bit high and you may try your luck at your local library. :-)
- Cut beef tenderloin into 3cm cubes
- Add 600g water, 100g braised beef sauce, 500g diced beef, 10g ginger, 20g scallion, in a pressure cooker and use high heat for about 30 min to get the beef stew soup ready;
- Put 100g noodle in a wok with boiling water for 10 min, and get the noodle out into a bowl;
- Add the beef stew soup in the bowl onto the noodle;
- Add cilantro, celery and chopped green onion according to your preference.
Mapo Tofu is one of the most famous dishes of Sichuan Cuisine around the globe. It combines the bold flavors of chili pepper and Sichuan pepper with the silk-like softness of tofu, creating one of the most fascinating dishes stimulating all your taste buds. The bright red and green color from red broad bean paste and green scallion presents the inviting combination for spicy food lovers.
This recipe simplifies the preparation by using the Mapo Tofu cooking sauce by Shengchubao to replace many ingredients such as Broad Bean Paste, salt and etc. It makes the whole preparation and...