Baizai Chicken | 白宰鸡
Baizai Chicken is a famous dish in Leshan District of Sichuan. It is a cold dish features poached chicken nuggets (bone-in) mixed with spices, chili oil, sugar, salt and sesame oil. The dish has unique combination of spicy, numbing, tender and fresh tastes. Compared to many other dishes in Sichuan cuisine, this dish is relatively easy to prepare and thus widely popular in Sichuan cuisine restaurants and local homes.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes.
Cook Time: 1 - 2 hour
1. Cleaned whole chicken - about 500g
2. Scallion 50g - chopped into 1-inch pieces
Beef Poached with Chili Oil (水煮牛肉) is a common dish in Sichuan Cuisine, which features vivid red chili oil and chili powder.
Preparation Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 15 min
1. Beef - 1 lb
2. Vegetable (Celary or othr green leaf vegetable): 3.5 oz
3. Vegetable Oil: 3.5 oz
4. Rice wine: 0.5 oz
5. Soy Sauce: 0.2 oz
6. Chili Broad Bean Paste: 0.9 oz
7. Chili Powder: 1.8oz
8. Dried Sichuan Pepper: 0.2 oz
9. Chopped Scallion: 0.2 oz
10. Sliced Ginger: 0.2 oz
11. Peeled Garlic: 0.4 oz
12. Corn Starch: 0.3oz...
Sweet and Sour Ribs(糖醋排骨) is very popular and widely enjoyed in China. The following recipe is different from the other recipe "Sweet and Sour Spareribs". Compare to Sichuan-style sweet and sour ribs, this is sweeter, easier to cook and its color is lighter.
Prepare time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Pork Ribs: 500g
Cooking Wine: 15ml
Soy Sauce: 30ml
White Vinegar: 45ml
- Clean and wash pork ribs.
- Add 100g vegetable oil and sliced ginger in a wok with high heat.
- Put pork ribs into the work...
Dry-Pot Chitlins (干锅肥肠) is a tasty dish with lots of spices to accompany the chitlins, which is popular in Sichuan Cuisine. If you are into chitlins, then this is a dish you must try.
Preparation Time: 30 min (2 hour including the time to clean chitlins)
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1. Chitlins: 1000 g (about 2.2 lb)
2. Mala Pot Sauce: 120 g (7 oz). You can buy from spicyelement.com (https://www.spicyelement.com/collections/sichuan-cuisine/products/mala-pot-sauce)
3. Vegetable Oil: 200g
4. Chili Pepper or Bell Pepper (Red or Green), chopped: 300g
5. Ginger, Sliced : 50g
6. Garlic,Peeled: 50g
Fried Peanuts is a very common dish in China and considered an appetizer and / or side dish. In Sichuan, it is often served with mix of chili pepper and Sichuan pepper powders, making it even more tasty.
Although the recipe seems quite easy, you need to practice many times to get it right,
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time； 5 minute
Shelled Peanuts with skin: 250g
Vegetable Oil: 80g
Salt: to your taste
1. Put the vegetable oil in a wok with low heat till it's about 200F;
2. Add the peanuts in the...