Preparation Time: 30 min
Cook Time:30 min
1. Pork Spareribs: 400g
2. White Rice: 100g
3. Egg: 1
1. Hot and Sour Sauce: 60g
2. Ketchup (Tomato Sauce): 50g
3. Vegetable Oil: 100g to fry spareribs and rice pancake
4. Rice Wine: 20g
5. Rice Vinegar: 25g
6. Onion Slices: 20g
7. Ginger Slices: 10g
8. Salt: 10g or to your taste
9. Water: 600g
For Fried Rice Pancake:
1. Cook white rice in a rice cooker to get soft cooked rice;
2. Get 100g fully-cooked rice...
Sweet and Sour Ribs(糖醋排骨) is very popular and widely enjoyed in China. The following recipe is different from the other recipe "Sweet and Sour Spareribs". Compare to Sichuan-style sweet and sour ribs, this is sweeter, easier to cook and its color is lighter.
Prepare time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Pork Ribs: 500g
Cooking Wine: 15ml
Soy Sauce: 30ml
White Vinegar: 45ml
- Clean and wash pork ribs.
- Add 100g vegetable oil and sliced ginger in a wok with high heat.
- Put pork ribs into the work...
Dry-Pot Chitlins (干锅肥肠) is a tasty dish with lots of spices to accompany the chitlins, which is popular in Sichuan Cuisine. If you are into chitlins, then this is a dish you must try.
Preparation Time: 30 min (2 hour including the time to clean chitlins)
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1. Chitlins: 1000 g (about 2.2 lb)
2. Mala Pot Sauce: 120 g (7 oz). You can buy from spicyelement.com (https://www.spicyelement.com/collections/sichuan-cuisine/products/mala-pot-sauce)
3. Vegetable Oil: 200g
4. Chili Pepper or Bell Pepper (Red or Green), chopped: 300g
5. Ginger, Sliced : 50g
6. Garlic,Peeled: 50g
Steamed Sliced Pork Belly with Preserved Vegetable (咸烧白 / 梅菜扣肉) is a steamed dish with plenty of fat and meat. It's salty and fragrant. You don't feel it's greasy if the dish is prepared well and served warm. The pork belly slices have a very soft texture, which makes it popular among seniors and young children. When it's ready, the pork belly has a gold brown color while the preserved vegetable is dark brown.
Some variations exist due to different taste preference in different regions in China. In Sichuan, usually Sichuan Peppercorns and dried chili pepper will...
Spareribs Soup with Wintermelon and Mung Beans (冬瓜绿豆排骨汤) is a traditional Chinese dish widely enjoyed in Summer time as it's said to be one of the dishes helping your body cope with heat. Sometimes the soup is served as cold dish.
There are some variations of this soup mainly on the ingredients. Below is the bare minimum combination of the ingredients for the recipe. Other ingredients may be added into the soup such as sugar or seaweed .
Preparation: Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 - 2 hour in low heat, over 4 hour in...