Hot & Sour Noodles (酸辣粉) has been an appetizer dish in Sichuan China for hundreds of years. The dish traditionally uses the noodles made of peas starch or sweet potato starch.
The dish favors the sourness from Chinese vinegar and the spiciness from chili pepper oil. The grounded toasted peanuts and soybeans on top of noodles gave the special texture of crispness.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
1. Noodles (Sweet Potato Starch): 100g
2. Roasted Peanuts (Soybeans): 20g
3. Hot and Sour Noodle Sauce: 20g
4. Chicken Broth: 50g
5. Green Scallions: 10g
1. Simmer 100g noodles in hot water till it's soft;
2. Ground 20g roasted peanuts or soybeans;
3. Cut about 10g Geen Scallion into small pieces;
4. Mix Chicken Broth, Hot and Sour Noodle Sauces in a bowl. Add some more water to your preference
5. Simmer the soft noodles in boiling water for 1 minutes;
6. Get the noodles in the bowl and add the scallion pieces and grounded peanuts/soybean on top of noodles;
7. It's ready to serve. Mix the noodles with the ingredients well before digging in