Lunar New Year is coming, lots of people are busy for preparing reunion dinner. If you still have no idea what to cook for New Year's eve reunion dinner, this sweet and spicy fish cuisine is best choice and delicious cuisine for you. The saying that goes with the Chinese New Year fish cuisine is "nian nian you yu", which means "may the year bring prosperity". Thus, fish cuisine is one of lucky food and necessary cuisine during Chinese New Year. Also, sweet and spicy fish is homestyle dish and it can be using fish fillet or whole fish. However, we recommend the whole fish is better to served on Chinese New Year’ eve for the reunion dinner. Many people love this cuisine because you can get a quick and delicious meal ready in 30 minutes and fish contain lots of nutrients, too. Also, during Chinese New Year, fish is considered to be a lucky Chinese New Year symbol.
Preparing time: 10mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
- Large Fish (Tilapia) *1
- Onion (chunks) *1
- Garlic 1 teaspoon
- Ginger 1 teaspoon
- Ketchup 2 tablespoon
- Sugar 1 tablespoon
- Black vinegar 1 tablespoon
- White vinegar 1 tablespoon
- Wash and clean fish.
- Cut onion, garlic and ginger into slice.
- Place the cooking oil in the pan and apply heat.
- Put the fish in the wok and the immersed side of the fish is brown and crispy.
- Once both sides are brown, remove from heat.
- Making sweet and sour sauce: put ginger, onion, ketchup, white vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and water in the wok and then mix thoroughly.
- Pour the sauce on top of the Tilapia and ready to serve.
Tip: Dry the fish before you put it in the wok to avoid oil splatter.